Granite State Youth Soccer League Newsletter
In This Issue
Season Starts April 20th
- All Teams must have a NH Roster. Player Cards (U11 an d above) and Coach's Cards (all Coach's) - ALL CARDS MUST BE LAMINATED
- All Coaches must have a Coach's Pass, NHSA Coach's Pass or National/International Coach's Pass.
- Any Coach NOT listed on the roster will not be allowed on the bench side of the field
- Please double check your schedules for errors.
- Remember the web schedule is the OFFICIAL Schedule (not a schedule printed out at the time of the schedules release
From the League Chair Byron Phinney
On behalf of the GSYSL Board, I want to thank all that took time from their schedules to attend. We felt that the meeting went well, with a lot of exciting news. Below are some of the more important matters that were covered. If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself or any of the board members to get answers.
- Coaching licenses: GSYSL has waived the license requirement for the spring season. All coach's
still must be "Kid Safe" approved.
- Starting this spring, GSYSL will be keeping and posting standings for the U11 age group. GSYSL will be holding a tournament in the fall for our U11 teams and this will give clubs a chance to see where their teams stand amongst other teams.
- GSYSL is sponsoring a night with the Boston Breakers professional soccer team. The game we are sponsoring is on July 21, cost of tickets will be $10. If you are interested in attending contact Angela Nieland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tosh Farrell was introduced as Director of Coaching for GSYSL. Tosh is a former coach of the English Premier League Club, Everton F.C. During his career he has helped develop a very impressive list of players including Wayne Rooney, Victor Anichebe, James Vaughan and several others. Tosh is the creator of the "Everton Way" which was the first training program that was made readily available on the internet. GSYSL is very excited to have Tosh partner with us to help our clubs with their training.
- We will be holding a senior division tournament again this year in June. The tournament will also include U14 Division 1 teams.
- GAME RESCHEDULES: Do not send game reschedule requests to Steve Lewis, all requests must be submitted to the league chair or appropriate VP of Competition. No one else in the league has the authority to ok a game reschedule.
- GSYSL has a zero tolerance policy for coaches. If a coach receives a "Red Card" the coach will be suspended for three (3) games with no appeal. If you feel that a game is not under control, pull your team off the field and submit a report to Steve Lewis, the leagues referee assignor.
I want to wish everyone a good and productive spring season. Remember that while winning is nice, it is more important that every player has an enjoyable season. It is far more important for every player to improve their game and learn new techniques.
Yours in soccer
Byron Phinney - Chair - GSYSL
GSYSL AGM ELECTIONS
The following were elected to the GSYSL Board Congratulations and welcome to the new members* of the board
- VICE CHAIR: Paul Lessard
- SECRETARY: Bev Houle
- NSHA Liason: Brian Goddu
- VP of BOYS: Ken Poulin
- 1 yr DIRECTOR: Ray Oberholtzr
- 2 yr DIRECTOR: Shirley Campbell
- 2 yr DIRECTOR: Kevin Payne
- CLUB DIRECTOR: Cindi Blanchette*, Jeremy Wageman*, Stephan DePensse*, Harry Mellot*.
Coach Training and Skills Clinic May 15th, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Granite State Youth Soccer League is pleased to offer a mid-season on the Field Training and Skills Coachesclinic with world renowned Tony "Tosh" Farrell on Wednesday May 15th at the Indoor Amesbury Sportplex inAmesbury, MA. Session will start at 7pm. Clinic is to improve and enhance coach skill set.
There is no charge for the clinic.
- Wednesday May 15th
- Amesbury Sportplex: Indoor Facility
- 16 South Hunt Road
- Amesbury, MA 01930
If you have any questions please contact: Angela Nieland email@example.com.
GSYSL Summer Soccer Clinic on July 19th
Director of Coaching for GSYSL Tosh Farrell will run the clinic.
- Date: July 19th
- Location: Seacoast United Soccer Complex Field #1
- Time: 4:30pm- 7:30pm
- Ages U-8 thru U14
- Cost: $30
Special Guest: Boston Breakers Player
To register: Summer Clinic Sign up Form
For information please contact: Angela Nieland EDP director at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSYSL Night at the Boston Breakers July 21st
All Granite State Youth Soccer League players, families, coaches and friends are invited to attend. We are offering everyone discounted tickets to attend the game and have a fun night out with family, friends and team-mates. Don't miss out on this event, order your tickets today! Pregame activities are in the "Breakerstown Fan Zone" inflatable games, music, face painting, and other activities. 74 GSYSL Kids will get to partici-pate , 22 Kids will escort the players onto the field, 12 ball kids needed, and 40 kids for the high five tunnel. Tailgating starting at 1pm.
Read on... - Click here to purchase $10 tickets use promo code“GSYSL13” in the checkout window