Here are some guidelines regarding Thunder, Lightning, Weather Event or Delay
First - If you hear thunder or see lightning a game is to be stopped immediately (or not started if prior to kickoff) and there is a MANDATORY 30 minute waiting period from the last hearing of thunder or sight of lightning before a game may be restarted.
- If the coach's are willing to wait then you are to wait however long is needed to play the game.
- In 99% of the cases the coach's will not and they will agree to call the game and reschedule.
- The Referee should not terminate the game unless the field is deemed unplayable or both coach's have agreed to cancel the match.
Regarding the Game Score Submittal
- If the game was canceled prior to the start - NO Game Score is Submitted
- If the game was canceled anytime in the first half or prior to the start of the second half - NO Game Score is Submitted
- If the game was canceld anytime after the start of the SECOND HALF- Game Score is submitted
- If you have been payed and the game was started you are entitled to keep payment
- If you have not been paid and the game was not played you are not entitled to payment, unless the coach offers you payment, you may accept it
- If you have been paid and the game does not begin and the coach asks for the fee to be returned - please do so and contact me after by email with the game information.
- A USSF Report MUST be filed for any game postponed, canceled or terminated for weather related events, where the referee has accepted payment.
- If no payment was received please send me an email with the details of the event include the game information as it appears on your schedule, the names of the referees who appeared and the event detais.