Season Reminder #1
1. Referees should arrive at the field 30 minutes before game time. To inspect the field, check in players and discuss pre-game procedures. Pre-game procedures are important to insure you are all on the same page and working as a team.
US Soccer Pregame Conference Recomendations
2. All U-11 and above matches the referee will check in teams based on a “League State Roster” and “USYSA Player Cards”. All Coaches who wish to remain on the team side line as a coach MUST provide the referee with a USYSA Coaches Pass or GSYSL Coach's Pass provided by the GSYSL League Registrar or be listed on the “League Roster”.
3. Be sure to return ALL player cards at the end of the game.
4. The Following rule change has been adopted beginning in Fall of 2005: Amended Substitution Rule:
On a throw in If both teams have substitutes at the center line, both teams' substitutes may enter the field of play on either teams throw in.
Players must be at the center line prior to the stoppage in play.
Under no circumstance should players enter the field of play directly from the bench as a substitution
5. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD A "HIGH SCHOOL 2 REFEREE SYSTEM" BE USED BY REFEREES DOING GSYSL GAMES. IF ONLY 2 REFEREES SHOW UP FOR A GAME THERE WILL BE A CENTER REFEREE AND AN AR. THE AR MUST WORK THE SAME SIDE OF THE FIELD BOTH HALVES. PAYMENT IS FOR 2 REFEREES, THE CENTER AND THE AR not 3. If there is one referee there is incentive pay for doing the game alone. See the payment schedule on the web site. The referees, if shorthanded can ask the coaches for a "Club AR." Any patched referee who helps out and takes a position as an AR is entitled to payment.
6. USSF FORMS are to be filled out for cautions / ejections or injuries only. One copy goes to NHSRC State Referee Administrator (SRA) at SRA@soccernh.org and the other to the league referee assignor firstname.lastname@example.org. Player cards taken for ejections MUST be sent to the league referee assignor immediately Steve Lewis 5 Ferncroft Dr. Nashua, NH 03063.
7. All game cards for U11 and above MUST BE SUBMITTED Online
Referee ONLINE GAME CARD SUBMISSION is MANDATORY
ALL GAME CARDS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 24 hours of your game. Be sure to report your scores
PROMPTLY and ACCURATELY as the are tied to the STANDINGS
In order to submit a game card you must:
Have a game # from your referee schedule. The game card can be accessed by clicking on the game # on your referee schedule Login to the web site (your login and password) click on “My private Menus” then the Officials Menu then Submit Game Card. Fill out the game card by entering the score, the conditions the player behavior and coach’s behavior and the names of the referees and submit. Check the standing after you have submitted your game card to ensure the game was recorded correctly
8. Game Issues: Any problems with coaches, parents, fields, NO Show Referees or other issue MUST be reported on the game card AND be sent on a separate e-mail to Steve Lewis at email@example.com ASAP
9. ENJOY the game have fun and protect the Players
10. GSYSL Referee Missing Document Report
This report should be used for teams with missing paperwork. Referees should print copies of this form and have available at each game if necessary. Download from the website
You are being paid to do a job. That job requires that you come to the field dressed properly.
LOOK PROFESSIONAL...SHIRTS TUCKED IN, SOX UP, NO JEWELRY, NO STRIPES ON YOUR SHORTS, UNDERSHIRTS SHOULD BE BLACK and SHOES SHOULD BE BLACK.
Referee crews should wear matching shirts at all times. Be aware of the Goal Keepers shirts for the teams you referee. You should not wear or the keeper should not wear the same colors, if at all possible. Referees should adjust first, if you cannot, ask the keeper, this is not mandatory but should be accommodated whenever possible.
AND DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR SCORES
© 2012 Granite State Youth Soccer League
All rights reserved.
Problems or Comments
122 Bridge St. Unit #1
Pelham, NH 03076