The mission of the Granite State Youth Soccer League is the promotion of player development and education in the State of New Hampshire through the establishment of competitive team play. Affiliated with the New Hampshire Soccer Association, and incorporated as a non-profit organization in accordance with State of New Hampshire guidelines, GSYSL seeks to advocate for excellence in the game of soccer by affiliated players, coaches, clubs, officials and administrators. GSYSL celebrates the determination, desire, and dedication that are required of all athletes at the competitive level.
In keeping with this advocacy, Granite State Youth Soccer League seeks to award a minimum of six (3 female, 3 male) $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have participated in the game of soccer on competitive teams affiliated with GSYSL and who intend to continue their education at an institution of higher education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of documented participation in GSYSL, need human and athletic potential.
Individuals selected by the GSYSL Executive Board and who are not affiliated with GSYSL clubs or teams will judge applications. Only the recipients of each scholarship will be notified. (GSYSL reserves the right to announce the names of scholarship recipients in related publications after such notification.)
- Applicant must be a United States citizen and a resident of the State of New Hampshire.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in the senior class of an accredited NH high school.
- Applicant must have participated in a minimum of three (3) seasonal years of competitive soccer on a team or teams affiliated with GSYSL. *Applicant may substitute referee seasonal years in place of team participation.
- A seasonal year is defined as August 1 – July 30
- Competitive age groups eligible are U-12, U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18, U-19 at any divisional level (i.e. Division 1, Division 2, etc).
A coach’s form(s) must be submitted to document a minimum of three (3) seasonal years
of competitive play on an affiliated team or as a GSYSL referee. If the coach is not available, the president of the affiliated club may complete the form. Form must be signed by GSYSL referee assignor if submitting as a referee.
- Applicant must intend to continue their education at a 2-year or 4-year public or private institute of higher education.
- Award recipients must forward a copy of an acceptance letter from an eligible institution of higher education before an award check will be issued.
APPLICATION PACKAGE PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE:
Each application must be complete and sent in one package. This package must be arranged in the order described below. Information sent separately will be discarded. Typewritten/computer generated applications and statements are preferred, or print clearly in black ink. Attach additional sheets of 8-½ X 11-inch paper if necessary. Applicant must sign the application form.
- Scholarship Application with 500-word essay attached. GSYSL College Application Form
- List of significant extra-curricular activities including jobs, membership in organizations as well as offices held, community service, etc.
- One dated, signed letter of recommendation (not a relative).
- Coach’s Form(s) completed, dated and signed. GSYSL Coach's College Scholarship Form
- Application must be postmarked no later than April 29, Current Year and sent to:
- Shirley Campbel c/o GSYSL Scholarships
122 Bridge St. Unit #1
Pelham, NH 03076
Applications may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting by email; include your name in the subject line. Be sure that all paper work is included.
Granite State Youth Soccer League reserves the right to award fewer scholarships than announced if the number of eligible applicants with completed application packets is less than the number of scholarships announced.